I like the country!
I'm looking forward to the day when we can move out of the busy city and settle down in the country (or small town) somewhere. Life just seems slower when you leave the city limits.
I had the day off yesterday and I had a great day! I slept in, got to see my hubbie in the morning, walked him to the bus stop to send him off to school, went for a good workout at the Y, baked carrot cake, then baked banana bread, did some laundry, and got ready for the evening! Whew! It felt pretty productive! I know that I'm having a relaxing day at home when I have time to bake something. It has been a while....it always feels nice when there is something fresh, knowing I've made it, and the appartment smells nice!
Yesterday we went for supper and a bonfire at my dad's in Mitchell. Supper was yummy! Dad barbequed salmon and I brought the carrot cake. Mmmmm.... Around 9pm and later, friends came for the fire. It was sort of a belated celebration for Shane's 25th birthday last month....and sort of just a general bonfire. I just love the fact that people can get together and stare at a fire for hours and be content doing that for an evening. That is so great!
Needless to say, it was a really late night! So, I'm up after a sleeping-in kind of morning....Shane's still enjoying the zzzzzs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment