Friday, August 12, 2005

Going to do it all over again......

I'm off to my second shift in just a little while. I haven't let myself think much about yesterday's shift so that I wouldn't get nervous about today. So, I'm still keeping that motto and not thinking about work much until I get there! So far, it seems to be working alright for me!

I'm working evenings all this weekend for a girl that wanted the weekend off. She switched me so that I could go to my cousin's wedding next weekend....and then asked me to switch a few more shifts so that she could spend more time with her husband. It worked out ok for me...I get to go to the wedding now and I get two weekends off out of the deal! That is nice! Also, it is good to be at work a lot at the beginning so that I can get into the flow of things. Big breaks in between shifts would make me a little more nervous!

I just returned from a nice "coffee" time with my lovely friend, Christina! It is so nice to both be starting out in our nursing careers and have each other to talk to about it. There is something about connecting with someone who is doing the same things as you....and it is special since we did a lot of our training/schooling together! Thanks for calling Chris!

Well, I'm off to relax a little until it is time to leave! Have a good weekend!

No comments: