Wednesday, August 24, 2005

And for our latest news.....

I didn't want to steal Shane's thunder...but now that some of you know of our latest plans, I can post them too!

Shane handed in his 2 weeks notice on monday! He is going back to school in two weeks from tomorrow! The schedule we managed to work out allows him to do full time university and part-time prayer/God time as his life for the next year! It is quite a nice schedule! And I'm totally excited to see Shane thrive and do something that he loves! He is planning on working towards getting into Athletic Therapy.

It has been a huge leap of faith for us at this point in our lives! We have been praying hard about this decision in the last month and a bit. Shane had wanted to go back to school, but we only got really serious about thinking about it with all the medical issues in the last 5-6 weeks. Now we are praying for a year term or a permanent position for me so that we have finances coming in. That's mostly why this is such a leap of faith at this time (finances).

I'm excited about a new season for us...and more specifically for Shane. I think it will have its tough moments, as normally happens when one spouse is a student, but I think it will be life-giving. I know, now from experience, that it really feels good to work hard at something like a university degree, and then complete it! And be able to have a career in what you love to do! I'm also totally pumped about what God wants to do with my hubbie in the next year! Now with more deliberate space and time to spend with God, I'm really excited to see what is going to come out of it!

Well, that's all the news for now!

No comments: