Monday, June 28, 2004

Ohhhhh.....life is good. And I am a blessed woman. I had an incredible wedding, a fabulous honeymoon in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico and now am adjusting to regular life with a husband, whom I love like crazy! There were some glitches with the location of the ceremony...not due to rain but due to misquitos! But I adjusted very well to the new plans and enjoyed it incredibly anyways. What a fabulous day June 12th was for us! We were very relaxed, not nervous AT ALL (completely serious), and just had so much fun! I loved being the bride and wearing the whole garb....though my silly dress kept on falling down!!! I'd have to say that my favorite parts of the day would probably have to be the walk down the aisle and all the blessings we got from friends and family at the reception! You should have seen my hubbie as I walked down the aisle. He was priceless. Bawling like crazy and repeating "Wow...wow". It was an indescribable experience.

The honeymoon was so great and relaxing! We spent the first night in a theme room at the Clarion hotel! I love the jacuzzi in the room! That was the best feature! Then we went off to the Mayan Riviera in Mexico for a week! We spent 15 hours a day sleeping and the rest eating, drinking and beaching it! It was super relaxing and just what we needed! The weather was the highlight....reaching 44 and only dipping to 26 at night! I could live in that weather! I hope that we brought some of it with us....not so far since returning!

It is super fun to get into life and living at our appartment. Shane and I have been having so much fun and laughing ourselves silly many times as we enjoyed the home part of our honeymoon! My Shaner is an incredible catch, and though I knew that before I married him, I am getting the reality of that truth more now. He has been so thoughtful, kind and is always making me laugh! We are an incredible team! He contributes equally to cleaning up, doing the dishes and making food! I love marriage so far!

Unfortunately, today is resume work day. We are bummed. Both don't want to go back to work. So, that is our prayer request. Please pray that we both find peace and enjoyment regarding our jobs. I would much rather stay on a honeymoon for a few more weeks!

So, to those unmarried....if there are any unmarried readers that come here.....I would have to say that 2 weeks and 2 days into my marriage, I would completely recommend it! The piece of reality that I did discover was that marriage in the right time and with the right person can be incredible! I looked around at the other honeymooners on our trip and also realized more fully that marriage at the wrong time and/or with the wrong person could make your life miserable. So, relax, take your time and let God make things fall into place at the right time. Then it will be incredible!

No comments: