Happy Boxing Day everyone! I have to brag about the great wedding stuff Shane and I got for Christmas so far!!! I am SOOOOOO excited about it! It was SUPER smart (and my idea, might I add......) to get engaged before Christmas, and register before Christmas, so that you can have a "Christmas shower" (or so it feels like anyways!). We got our knife block, all our pans and bakeware (if that's a word!), two mugs, a clothing iron, OUR WAFFLE IRON (one of my very favorite items.....along with the blender we got earlier this winter), and the total incredibly generous gift from my siblings and dad.....OUR 10 PIECE SET OF GREAT POTS!!!!!!!! I am so pumped! Wow! What a great bunch of stuff! To me Christmas is definitely not about the gifts....I had hardly any for anyone this year, yet I was blown away by the gifts others bought us for our married life together! I am blessed! For so many years, I have tried to make my emotions stay away from getting too excited about the gifts I get at Christmas because I don't want to slip into thinking that that is the main reason for the season. Well, with these gifts, I could not help but be completely estatic!!!! It actually inspires me to learn more about the whole cooking thing! And hopefully these pots are as good as they claim to be.....since I'm probably the worst owner for them....due to my history of burning things! At least they're not plastic!
I've enjoyed my holidays so far...some fun Christmas parties over at our appartment, time with my family and Shane's family, a nice wad of cash from picking up quite a few shifts at The Home (as I've decided to start referring to work as.......) and a nice bunch of time to relax at my appartment and work on wedding planning. See, there really isn't much to do until about May, but I, the psycho planner, created this great binder! It is the mother binder of all wedding organization in the history of psycho brides! I have each new section tabbed with a different color! For examply some goodies from The Binder include a list of people from out of town to thank, the complete and total time line of W day and a seating plan for the reception! I don't think there is anything left for me to do! And I'm glad because going that hardcore for a few days has made me sick of wedding planning for now....though, I'm so proud that I'd love to show all of you my beautiful binder sometime!
Merry Christmas again and Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment