Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Time Away in the Mountains...

Last weekend, I had the pleasure of attending a Captivating Retreat (from the book Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge). The Lord miraculously made a way for me to go on this retreat with 4 other women from my ladies/moms group on Friday afternoons. It was lovely!

I was super torn back in December when I had to decide whether or not I would be going. I just didn't know how Noah or I would do being apart, since up until this last weekend, we hadn't been apart for more than 4 hours. I felt the Lord whisper to me "Come away with Me", despite the fears and panic that seemed overwhelming at the thought of leaving Noah, being in another state and unaccessible.

The Lord is so good and so kind. He wanted me to be there. And He made a way, in many ways. He worked it out that our group was chosen as attendees in the way they select who is chosen. He miraculously provided the funds for the retreat, when I totally was planning on just not going. He allowed me to go with a great group of women and I got the pleasure of getting to know them even more as we were away from the day to day and had a few days to just be women, apart from the roles we play at home. He helped me emotionally, comforted me and gave me peace as I was away from my little boy. He has given me an INCREDIBLE husband who would have packed my bags for me if I chose not to go and did great with Noah while I was gone. He comforted and tended to my little guy who was super happy and cheerful while I was away and enjoyed the daddy time. He even let me fly on an airplane...without an infant in lap.

And, He totally met me.

In many ways, the Lord touched my heart and spoke to me on many levels. I'm so grateful. There is so much He is interested in in my heart, even more than I know or can perceive. He was so intentional about getting me away and He knew I needed it even more than I did. We just needed that time to connect in an uninterrupted way. How special. I'm so thankful and I am so glad He loves me.

1 comment:

Corrie said...

I'm so glad for you, Kristi! It sounds like a dream come true :) I love how God is so kind and He really, really loves us.