Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Blogger Book Review - Unexpected Love by Julie Zine Coleman

I had the pleasure of reviewing the book Unexpected Love by Julie Zine Coleman and I read it really fast, for me, and gobbled it up! This book was all about God's heart revealed in Jesus' conversations with women. Through 9 chapters, Julie takes you on a journey through different passages of Scripture in which Jesus interacted with and had a conversations with women. Julie starts with fleshing out the story, making the reader feel connected to the woman and her situation. Then, she explores the historical and Biblical contexts, digging deeper through addressing a number of questions that were different for each chapter. Next, she made it applicable to women today in the part For Today's Woman and ending each chapter with some questions to work through and suggestions on ideas to journal.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and found it interesting, provoking and I just kept wanting to read more! Julie definitely held my attention and the content of this book made me think, process and pray through what I was learning. I enjoyed the way the book was laid out and feel that it covered great information, provoked my heart and gave me practical suggestions to diving deeper into these Scriptures and God's heart on women. I would absolutely recommend this book to others, especially the awesome women I know. I brought this book along to a women's group I'm a part of and it contributed to our dialogue in a great way, provoking the hearts of my girlfriends. They all want to get their hands on a copy!

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

1 comment:

Julie Zine Coleman said...

Thanks, Kristi, for this awesome review! I so appreciated your enthusiasm for the content and your kind words about my writing. May God use this book to help others to learn about Christ and grow closer to Him. Thank you for taking the time to read and review my book.

Be sure to tell your friends there is a website (unexpectedlove.org) that has free resources, like handouts, lesson plans, and supplemental articles to help groups us this for their Bible study.

To God be the glory!

Sincerely, Julie Coleman