Sunday, December 16, 2012

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas....

The beginnings of the festivities have begun and though it hasn't felt like the Christmas season at all, it's starting to a little.

Last year it didn't feel like Christmas because my brain was in a whole new world of being a new mommy and tending to a newborn. This year, as December rolled around, my thoughts were on my little guy's 1st birthday and the whole visa application process. So, December hasn't "felt" like Christmas for the last two years.

Also, there isn't any snow here and that's weird for the Christmas season! I've been in flip flops almost every day since we arrived in June and still am able to wear them most days. We had our ac on yesterday while cooking our Christmas dinner, celebrating early with my sister since she headed back to Canada for the holidays today. She is the only biological family that we will get to celebrate with at this point. To add to the feelings, we don't have any tree or decorations. We left everything back in Canada thinking we would be back in December originally.

There are 5 more business days for a miracle to happen in the visa process if the Lord is going to make a way for us to make it to Canada for Christmas. I would love to show Noah snow and I would love to celebrate with our family and friends. I especially would love to see Noah reunited with his grandparents!

In the last few days I have been feeling peaceful about having Christmas down here in KC, though it will be different than usual. It will mean celebrating with our YWAM family and our brothers and sisters in Jesus instead of our family back home, which is bittersweet. But, it could be a relaxing time with lots of sweet family time, hanging out with my boys =)

I've been feeling some Christmas-y feelings this weekend, getting some gifts and Christmas pictures together, celebrating with my sister, having a base White Elephant party and a spontaneous ice skating trip this afternoon. This Christmas is going to be different than usual but it's still going to be good =)

No comments: