Monday, October 08, 2012

Post-Congress Life in Our World the Last 2 Weeks...

The last 2 weeks have been a really special time for me, enjoying my boys and having quality family time. After a whirlwind few months, visiting here in spring, packing and moving, 12 weeks of DTS and then right into the Congress, it has been so nice to have a slower pace the last 2 weeks. One of my top love languages is quality time and I feel my heart relaxing and rejuvenating with more time with the ones I love the most =) I'm soooooo grateful for time together!

Highlights:
- Time with my boys!! The Monday after the Congress we had a family day! We got warm drinks and went for a walk in a park! We haven't done that since Winnipeg and we LOVED doing that regularly!
- We finally put some pictures on the walls after living here for 4 months!
- Time with my lovely girlfriends one-on-one...Stephanie and Christina
- Noah got 2 more teeth in a week and a half!
The two new teeth are on both sides of the two front teeth!
- Noah learnt how to clap and does it all the time now =) So cute!
- Noah went through the night without a feed or wake up (well....I'm going to consider asleep at 7:30pm, feed at 5:15 and wake up at 7:30am as through the night right here)!!!
- Prayed on the mic during rapid fire with Noah for the first time in the Global Prayer Room in KC! We prayed for the ending of abortion in Canada!
- Some good naps for Noah!
- Getting to go to Mom's Group alone again now that the Congress is over! And a blessing is that the time has been changed to an hour earlier, which works so great for us because now I can go alone and still make it back for Shane's afternoon meeting! Thank you Jesus for working that out! It means so much to me!
- Lots of walks! I love family walks!
The effects of a leisurely walk and a teething cracker!
- Our first 2 Community Gathering evenings (Thursdays) here on the YWAM base and I got to go both weeks! On the first, Steph, I and another woman had a sweet time of prayer together and really felt the tangible presence of the Holy Spirit. This week, we had the honor of having Brother Yun speak to us and witnessing history being made =)
- All the students for this quarter have arrived and all 3 schools are in session! It is neat to have a full and bustling campus but not to be fully in the craziness of it but to enjoy a more "normal" pace for our family this fall!
- We had the delightful pleasure of seeing our friends Beau and Heather for breakfast last weekend! They were driving from Winnipeg back to Florida and took a detour to Kansas City! What a blessing! We hadn't seen one another in at least 3-4 years!
- A family outing at a corn maze! Yay for free tickets!
 
- The Holy Spirit has been tangible lately. I feel extra hungry for the Lord and I'm longing for a deep encounter with Him and the heart of the Father. It has been nice to enjoy the presence of the Spirit =)
- After finding out the low light of the letter from EI, I called them and a really nice lady helped me. I have to repay my vacation pay BUT my EI has been extended by another week! Yay!
- A double date on Skype with Joe and Jacquie!
- Brunch with Debbie and Athol finally! We've been meaning to go out for a meal for months!
- Noah turned 10 months on October 4! He also has started taking a few steps pushing a walking toy! And he pet a horse for the first time....he was so excited!
Conquering the sippy cup with water!
And two outtakes =)
Low lights:
- Noah has/had Fifth Disease (viral illness with fever and rash but he's doing fine now!)
- Some rough naps and nights with the teething and sickness
- Noah has been biting me...and has taken skin off both of my shoulders!
- A letter from EI....have to repay them for the vacation pay I was given in June :(

Praise Reports from the last 2 weeks:
- QUALITY TIME for our family!!! Yay for family time!
- Noah has not revert back to wanting to eat twice at night!
- A new monthly partner!!! Praise the Lord!!!

Prayer Requests:
- Rest/healing for our family....Shane hasn't been sleeping well for a long time, Noah's teething and the rest of the rash to clear up, my hips/jaw have been hurting a lot lately
- Monthly partners who want to partner with us as my maternity leave ends next month/wisdom from the Holy Spirit for partnership development
- A special week with friends and family with Thanksgiving and my 30th birthday coming this week!
- Encounter with Jesus....I'm aching for deep encounter with the Father and I want it for my birthday!

No comments: