Friday, October 26, 2012

30th Birthday Celebrations Part 1 - The Day Before!

This month I turned 30!!! I am excited about entering a new decade and all that God has in store for me!

The morning before my birthday, I said to Shane "It just doesn't feel like my birthday this year". Same thing happened last year. My brain was so focused on a baby coming in a few weeks and finishing work that I didn't have the focus on my birthday last year. This year, I was enjoying family time with my bro and sister-in-law and enjoyed Thanksgiving in a special way earlier in the week. But, by the afternoon, I was in the mood =)

My wonderful moms group/ladies Bible study really blessed me and kicked off my birthday celebrations! They had a cake, another dessert and prayed over me, affirming and blessing me! I haven't cried through the song "Happy Birthday" before but they got me this time =)
Chocolate and pumpkin!
My beautiful friend, Meredith, who leads our group



Later that day, my lovely friend Christina took me out to celebrate! She took me for a relaxing pedicure and I left with more relaxed muscles from the awesome chair I sat in and beautiful french manicured toes! Then we went to a Chinese restaurant called Blue Koi for supper! It was really yummy! We had a good time together and I got a sweet gift of a card and an awesome pumpkin candle which I've really been enjoying at home! We had a great waitress who even brought us a free dessert for my birthday! So special!

 
The day before my birthday was super special and suddenly it felt like it was birthday time! Yay!

No comments: