Monday, September 19, 2011

Awake and Excited!

I just can't sleep. I'm too excited. About what you ask?

Well, there is just so much to be excited about! Life and things related to baby in general =)

I was awake and doing a lot of tossing and turning in bed. Then my excitement got rolling and I knew I was on the way to a very awake state. Then my cute baby got the hiccups. I decided, forget this lying in bed stuff. I'll just rise and shine early and take a nap later since I have the day off =)

I have sooooo much to be thankful for. I am constantly reminded of that lately and spend a bunch of my quiet time simply thanking the Lord for all the blessings.

Today, I'm excited to see the midwife and have girls day. I'm thankful for the way Shane's job works which allows him to accompany me to the appointments and we get to hear baby together =) It's so very special. I'm thankful for my girlfriends. They are so special to me and I value friendships in such a big way.

Tomorrow I'm having another prenatal massage...ahhhhh...right on. Thankfully, my low back/rib pain has been settling down and feels better than it did for the majority of my second trimester. I'm totally pumped to begin Prenatal Bootie Camp tomorrow evening! I found it through the leisure guide and I'm excited to do something active that is specifically for me as a preggo! I hope it's fun and they don't run me ragged =) It will be good to get into shape a little more =) I'm even excited to wear my new exercise pants =)

Wednesday, Shane and I have a date planned and then we are having supper with my "little" bro and his girlfriend for the last time in the next few months as he heads off to IHOP to do an internship until at least mid-December. I'm looking forward to a sibling supper together =) I'm so thankful for my incredible family. My husband is amazing. I'm totally in love. I love spending time with him. Having my sister living with us is sooooo special at this time. I'm so blessed.

Thursday is work. I'm thankful for work. 8 hour shifts are awesome. I like work. I love helping and serving people. I love the honor of being present at births. What a special time for people. I like making people feel cared for and supported. Work has been good. Only 23 shift left before mat leave and I want to enjoy them all I can! I did a bunch of switches related to what is coming on Friday's thankfulness list and so though I don't have holidays, I am working this one shift in a stretch of 11! I'm going to work my butt off for it in October, but I'm excited for this little holiday =)

Friday, we're taking a sibling trip down to IHOP! Shane, Steph, Shaun, me and baby are heading down for a few days to drop Shaun off at his intership. I'm so thankful for this opportunity. I'm so thankful for my siblings and this time together. I'm so thankful for our friends in KC. I'm so thankful for the vision of Call2All and getting to work with them. I'm so thankful for fall in KC. I'm so thankful for my boss who was willing to give me nice switches to make this possible. I'm blessed.

I could go on and on. There is so much to be thankful for. I'm just so excited!

No comments: