Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Reflection of Jesus to Me

I am honored to be married to a tender and loving man who over the last 10 years has been a reflection of Jesus to me. I have learned a lot about the kindness of the Lord through my husband and I sometimes think to myself, "If this is how Shane feels, how much more does my eternal Bridegroom, Jesus, feel about me?".

We spent our anniversary in Kansas City this year. We spent 12 days together and we loved it. If I would get my wish, Shane and I would do just about everything together. We would partner together in accomplishing the activities of the Kingdom side by side day after day. That is my heart's desire in walking life out this side of eternity.

After returning from our time together, it was time to go back to work and in my first few shifts back, I got a sweet email from my husband. It was another one of those moments when my husband's words or actions made me have one of those moments of pondering about what Jesus must feel. His words that touched me were "I think us being together for so long has created a greater longing to be with you all the time.".

This email touched my heart from my husband, but it was more than that. It touched my heart from Jesus. Jesus speaking love to my heart through the reflection He's gifted me with this side of face-to-face relationship with God.

In John 17:24 Jesus says, "Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory...".

It is Jesus' desire to be with me. He wants me with Him all the time. He never tires of me, never wants a break from me and never leaves me. He is always with me and promised me that, but more than that, He wants me with Him!

If my Shane longs for me to be with him, how much more does Jesus long for me to be with Him?

I'm thankful for my own personal reflection of Jesus and I'm longing for the Day that I get to see Jesus face to face.

No comments: