I just finished my weekend of nights Sunday morning and am happy to be starting 11 days of holidays! I slept during the day, then went to Sanctuary and now am not so much in the mood to sleep. So, at 12:15am, I thought I'd get up and do a few things!
I'm incredibly pumped over my June holidays. I've taken holidays in June for all the years that I've gotten vacation as a nurse, which is only since 2006. The reason for the holidays......is to celebrate our anniversary each year!
I was talking to Shane about celebrations last week and realized again how much I love celebrating good things, especially our anniversary. I love celebrating birthdays, yet getting another year older isn't a huge accomplishment since my length of time on the earth is out of my control. I love celebrating seasons and holidays though they are for everyone to celebrate and can be pretty generic.
My anniversary is special to me. And I've come to the conclusion that is it probably the occasion of the year that I want to celebrate the most. What an accomplishment! Each and every year that we are married is another great success.
It isn't just like gaining another year of life as with birthdays. It isn't another Christmas or Easter or Thanksgiving passing me by.
It is another 365 days of laughing, loving, forgiving, repenting, choosing, hugging, serving, receiving and growing. It means I've hopefully laughed more often, loved a little better, forgave a little easier, repented a little quicker, chose the better, hugged most or all of those 365 days, served with more love and patience, received more graciously and grown from the place I was 365 days earlier.
So, this week is a celebration in many ways! Today, after I get to sleep, I'm starting the celebration with a manicure! I've only had 1 since our wedding 5 years ago!
Cheers to holidays and another year of marriage!
Monday, June 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!
Hope your next 11 days off are fabulous!
I am so proud of you & Shane! I love your marriage : ) I hope you have a wonderful week celebrating! you guys rock! May God bless you with many, many more years of a wonderful marriage!
you are soooooo blessed! i hope that this holiday is really, really, really good, and relaxing too! (and congradulations!) :)
Thanks guys for your sweet words and congratulations!
Post a Comment