Monday, November 10, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

And I like that! I'm enjoying the snow, even though it has made for some interesting driving and scraping to and from my 12 hour shifts this weekend. It feels like Christmas when that white stuff is on the ground! I like it!

I worked the last 3 days. It was my first Sunday day shift since February 2007. I managed to switch things around or take vacation since August which avoided my Sunday day shift. Now, I've entered back into the season where I have to miss Sanctuary once a month for work reasons. It's kinda a bummer.

But yesterday afternoon and evening as I was working, I would periodically look at the clock and remember SHOP was going on at another location in the same city. I knew who was on stage, what they were singing about in general (intercession or WWW) and knew that they were "standing on the wall" in a obvious and corporate way while I was standing on the wall in my own way in the marketplace at the very same time. I had enough time between patients to remember, add my "I love you Jesus" and continue what I was doing. But it stirred my heart.

Now I get 3 days off! I slept in this morning, as SHOP was canceled because some of our peeps for Mondays are holidaying it in KC, as we did last month! I slept 12 hours! I guess I needed some rest after the last 3 days!

I'm excited for the day. I'm excited to spend time with my husband! We always feel a deep need for quality time after I'm gone for those day or night shifts! I'm excited to hit the gym with Steph and Shane this afternoon and try a class with Steph in the pool! Here we come Aquafit!

It's going to be a good day!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh Aquafit with old ladies : )

Somedays are Worth Remembering said...

I always found that I needed a full day to recover after three 12 hour shifts. They are rough on the old bod. I miss you guys. Shiloh is 2 months today. We went to Chick-Filet to celebrate as she napped in the car seat. It was yummy and I love being a mummy.
:-) That was cheesy.