Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A update on my wrist...

Sadly, my wrist has been snapping, clunking and hurting more since the end of September/beginning of October. I hated the idea of making an appointment with the sports medicine doc again, who had let me go when he gave me the paper of freedom back in August (to get fully back to work).

I finally made an appointment and waited a few weeks to get in to see him. That was yesterday.

I assumed he would look at me funny, hear my complaint and send me out the door. I prefaced the start of the appointment that I was just there to cover my butt and leave a paper trail if anything should happen in the future.

He felt the snap. Then I did the movement that generally accompanies the clunking. It didn't do it. He started to move my wrist around and it went "clunk, clunk, clunk" every time he moved it! I was so grossed out!

Off I went to x-ray pronto!

Within 5 minutes I was seeing my wrist on the wall in the form of a completed x-ray. It was so fast yesterday!

This is the scoop. There is a bit of a separation between two of the bones in my wrist. He is concerned if the space widens. I have to return in 2-3 months for another x-ray to check that out.

If the clunking increases or has increased pain accompanying it, I gotta get myself in sooner to see him. He wants to wait and see what will happen in the next few months. He "didn't want to press the panic button too quickly". I agreed but hearing that concerns me!

I just don't want to start all over again with all this wrist stuff. It's been such a long haul and I want it to be over already.

Please continue to pray for full healing for my wrist!

No comments: