Saturday, November 15, 2008

A few rough days and a few good ones ahead...

I worked two 12-hour days the last two days and it was a little rough. I had some heart-wrenching experiences and some sad moments. I know I'm there for a reason as I think I heard the Lord say "I have you there for a reason" when I was using a 30 second prayer time to cry out to Him in the bathroom at work. Without giving details, it was a sad time at work and life issues are on my heart.

I got my Christmas hours the other day too and it's going to be a crazy Christmas week around our place! I have to work nights on the 19, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26! I told my boss that that was killer and so he was willing to make the 25th and 26th nights 8-hours instead of 12 so that helps! I knew that I was due to work Christmas, but six 12-hour nights in 8 days is killer. Oh well...next year should be better =)

I'm pleased now to have my stretch of 6 off! Woo! Hoo! I'm up early on a Saturday after working in order to make some pies for today's belated Thanksgiving gathering. It is over a month ago that we had Thanksgiving but today we are celebrating with Shane's family! Then we're going to try to get to the Santa Clause Parade and I hope that the weather is nice and the snowflakes are falling tonight =)

Tomorrow I'm leading a set at Sanctuary. It has been a really long time since I've done that and even when I did, I didn't do that many. So, needless to say, I'm nervous and insecure and hoping it goes well. Yikes!

That's the latest!

1 comment:

Shaun said...

I am sorry to hear about the rough days. And you are there for a reason, and crazy things will happen at your hand, I can't wait to see it or even just hear of it. I hope you have some really good days off, with lots of God time and hubby time. I also just pray for supernatural strength and wisdom for every shift that you work. Lord would you just give Kristi wisdom and strength. Bless her.

Love you Kristi, hopefully we see you tonight.