I'M IN SHOCK!!!!
I went to see the surgeon this morning. Beautiful, new office! It made me feel more at ease.
He wants to operate on the ganglion and remove it, hoping that all the pain will end with that operation. He doesn't want to do anything with the ligament. The only thing he does for torn ligaments is fuse them! I DO NOT want a fused wrist! That could limit my wrist's mobility by 50%!!! No thank-you!
So, they were booking surgery into 2008, which I had prepared myself for. They had a cancellation in November of 2007. And......a cancellation TOMORROW MORNING!!!!
So, I'm totally in shock. I'm having surgery tomorrow morning at 10:15am and will be off work, recovering, for the next 4-6 weeks. I was not prepared for that!
I was supposed to go in to work for the rest of the day after my appointment but after that news I need to prepare for tomorrow. I had phone calls to make, schedules to readjust, etc. I think I'm going to clean my house a little more today so that it's good for a while. I don't have to worry about that kind of thing because I have a fabulous husband that will take care of it all!
It's kind of sad that surgery is happening right over Shane's birthday weekend. I had plans for the weekend that may not work out, depending on how tomorrow goes and how the pain is after the operation. We'll see!
So, here's how you can help! Pray for me! Pray that tomorrow goes smoothly, that I have minimal or no pain and that this surgery takes away all the pain and limitation. Pray that my ligament heals on its own and no action is needed for that!
Whew! What a morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praise the Lord!! That is so amazing your getting in so quickly! I'll be praying!
Post a Comment