Monday, March 06, 2006

What a nice weekend!

We had a really nice weekend together as a family! There was a mix-up on our reservations to begin with. But, they ended up giving us the "executive suite" for the two nights for the same price as our original reservations of the basic room. Besides the discomfort of the beds, the weekend was really nice! We did a lot of eating of yummy food (Red Lobster, Pancake House, etc), did a lot of lying around and sharing the king-sized bed while watching movies/shows on tv, and did some hot-tubbing and water-sliding!

I really love my family members. I also love to see my husband enjoying my family. What a sport he is! To share living space with my family for 2 nights and enjoy himself throughout the time we were there! Wow, do I ever appreciate that.

Then to end a nice weekend, Steph, Shane and I went down to Altona with some other Sanctuary people to do a Celebration Service in a church down there. It was our first time going somewhere representing the house of prayer. That was really neat! We brought a worship team, some prayer/prophetic guys, and Steph and I were the dancers. Thinking back, I haven't danced since the first weekend in November at WCV's anniversary weekend! I can't believe it has been that long! 4 months! Boy, without any practice, I was pretty rusty, but it felt good to move again. I think something that has been keeping me away from dance, is the frustration that it can bring. Partly related to the fact that I feel so limited in the movement that I do. But, there is something that dance brings for me in worship, that other forms do not. So, I think I had better dance a little more often!

I was just so pleased with our team last night. The worship people did a wonderful job leading the people in worship. The ones of us that prayed did a fabulous job of modelling what we love to do, are just learning to do and inviting others to do it too!....interceding for the church we were visiting, the town of Altona and giving words for individual people in the room. It was an incredible evening to be apart of, especially in a team dynamic. It was an awesome experience to do with a spouse too. I was so proud of my hubbie...watching him as he prayed in the mic with passion, and had nuggets to share with individual people. He's my firey one!

I am so excited about the things that will be happening with the House of Prayer. I am so pleased with the group of awesome people that I get to partner with! I am pumped to see where God is going to take us with him individually, with him corporately, with each other, and in the world! This is such an exciting time in our lives!

No comments: