It has been a long time since my last post and today's post is not a great representative of what has been happening generally in my life lately...
It is kind of a crappy day. I've spent the entire day inside, going between studying for my exam tonight and tomorrow's too, and distracting myself on the computer.
My crappy day began with receiving the practicum schedule that I have been waiting for for weeks already! I finally got it......and it is pretty sucky. I work more weekends than I was told I would have to. I will have to miss a bunch of things in the next 3 months that I love. For example, I work 8 out of 11 sundays, including my first anniversary. Sundays are pretty special for me....and I will be missing most of them. I'm just pretty bummed about it. I had myself a nice, hands-over-face, cry out loud experience at the kitchen table this morning. If felt a little better but I might have to do it again. Not really a great day to have gotten the schedule with an exam this evening and no brain for it, or motivation to study. Well, good thing that I'm not worried about tonight's exam. It is tomorrow's that I'm concerned about.
So, to make this somewhat positive instead of all complaining, here are some positive parts:
- by 4pm tomorrow I am finished all my exams of my degree (beside my national RN exam in August)
- I get to go for coffee after my exam tomorrow with a good friend whom I haven't seen one-on-one in a while!
- At least I am doing my senior practicum in an area that I hope I absolutely love and therefore it won't be so difficult to miss out on other loved things.
- the good thing about working so many evening shifts is that I get to sleep in.
- starting with my first 3 shifts all being nights will be a nice excuse for why I'm totally disoriented and don't know anything
- having 4 plus preceptors means that I can learn a bunch of different styles and if I don't absolutely gel with one, there is still many others!
- my last day is July 20....so already there is secured dates for this process. I appreciate knowing the beginning and the end.
I'll have to post when I'm a little happier! Back to the books for another hour....exam starts in less than 2 hours! If you think of me, say a little prayer. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment