Sunday, October 17, 2004

I returned from the womens' retreat this afternoon to a clean house! What a wonderful husband! I didn't even ask him to do it...I was planning on potentially cleaning the house this afternoon when I got home! And it was all clean and the laundry was done! I SO appreciated that act of kindness by Shane!

I had a little time to reflect at the womens' retreat and have a good look at my priorities. See, I've narrowed down the things in my life at this point because of finishing my last year of nursing. So, my problem isn't usually too many committments or ministry-related things. Actually, I'd like to do more...but not just now!

So, I find what robs me of my peace and solitude is all my homework and school/clinical-related activities. So, I am a hard worker and am trying to really be focussed this semester. In the process, my homework has definitely come to a high priority...to high. And this isn't where it should be. Yes, the school stuff should be up there, but not first. I've allowed my solitude time, my time with the Lord and just my sanity to slowly leave my life. I've found that my brain feels too full all the time and I just can't think properly then.

My new priorities are God-time and solitude, and investing time and love into home life with my husband. He's been incredibly understanding about how much time is spent doing homework (and it works for him because he's a home-body and likes our evenings at home). Now it is time to place our relationship in higher priority. We NEED to make time to sit and talk without any homework to get to. We NEED to have time for snuggles and kisses (hee hee!!). And we need to go out sometimes and be a little spontaneous!

When the speaker asked us to write down the few tasks that are truly each of ours, I thought about Shane. I am the only woman that God has appointed to love Shane in the way that a wife does..or should. That is a task (welll, not really a task) that only I am called to in his life and I want to do a darn good job of loving him with all that I have!

I also look forward to spending more time in quietness with my Jesus. There are feelings that only He stirs in me. I love those times and He is making Himself more visible to me in certain ways lately...or I'm just being more aware. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to what is in store!

No comments: