Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Introduction to Essential Oils

In the last 2 years, I've been introduced to Essential Oils and almost a year ago, got my first Young Living starter kit. I've really enjoyed using essential oils as my go-to "medicine cabinet" over the past year and use it for a variety of things! To be honest, my husband uses them more than I do!

It has been a nice, natural option to have for relieving different issues being far away from the familiar medical system we have in Canada. Down here, options other than heading to a hospital, are really nice to have! Besides, it is just nice to use a more natural approach and replace different over-the-counter meds with oils =)

That being said, I'm hosting an Introduction to Essential Oils class on October 28th at 6:30pm at my place. If you are local and read my blog, please feel invited and come join us for the evening! I think it would be super fun to do one someday on a trip back to Canada too! If any of my Canadian friends or family are interested, let me know too and I'll start thinking up a plan to make that happen on our next visit =)

Here is a link to an article that gives an overview of Young Livings essential oils and the ones that come in the premium starter kit that I got last year. Enjoy! http://issuu.com/lorimillsgordon/docs/oily_families_essential_oil_starter/0

And for a personal, recent testimony, I was making supper the other week and clearly told Noah the element was on and hot and not to touch. He came near as I removed the pot from the element and proceeded to quickly touch it, immediately burning his little hand. My tough little cookie was very sad and didn't like running his hand under cold water at all. I grabbed the lavender as he cried really loudly and put a dab on his hand. No joke....IMMEDIATELY he stopped crying and said he was ready for supper, got in his chair and supper time it was! The speed at which that lavender helps shocked me! And the burned healed really nicely with no other issues! So cool!

No comments: