Monday, June 30, 2014

A Glorious Homecoming

My Grandma has gone home to Jesus and is experiencing a glorious homecoming! I can imagine her fully alive, fully restored in every way, walking in joy, peace and awe as she sees clearly what God and His Kingdom are like! I can wait to meet Grandma again in eternity when we will truly be the fullness of who God created us to be! How much fun will that be :)

Grandma passes away early on Saturday morning, June 28th. Her funeral is on Wednesday.

Unfortunately, we are unable to leave base earlier than originally planned (on Friday morning) so we will not be able to be there in person. I am so thankful I got to be with her earlier this month and honor her and say good bye in person while she could still interact with me. That time was precious and meaningful!

Thank you for your prayers for our family during the last 6 weeks. Please continue to lift up my Grandpa. Life is going to be very different without his friend who has been by his side for over 65 years. Please remember him in prayer.

But we do not mourn as those who have no hope! Grandma is seeing and hearing incredible things that she has never experienced before! No more death, sorrow, crying or pain but God is making all things new! What a glorious hope and what a glorious homecoming.

No comments: