Thursday, December 19, 2013

Blogger Book Review - Unveiling Grace by Lynn K. Wilder

Unveiling Grace is a autobiography and testimonial about the Wilder family who was deeply enmeshed in Mormonism and the story of how they found their way out and into the saving knowledge of the Jesus of the Bible. The book is written by Lynn, wife to Michael and mother to the 4 Wilder children, now adults, and takes you on a journey through decades of their story and lives.

I really enjoyed this book! It was very eye-opening to the world of Mormonism and the beliefs they hold. It gives me a better idea what kind of gospel Latter Day Saints are sharing as I've often seen people with LDS name tags walking the streets of my neighborhood back home. I really enjoyed reading the life story about the Wilder family.

The biggest take-a-way I received personally from reading this book was that it provoked me to read the Word. It increased my desire to want to read the Word as I saw the different family members dig into the Scriptures to find the truth. Their hunger and passion for the Bible stirred my heart. If ones that didn't know Jesus personally at that time could be that hungry for His Word, as one who knows Him and loves Him, I want to hunger more for His Word!

I would definitely recommend this book to others! Actually I have a friend borrowing it already =)

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments: