Friday, August 24, 2012

A Tour of our KC Home

I took these pictures a while back and forgot that I was going to do a post giving you a tour of our little apartment. So, here is our one-bedroom home here on the YWAM base in Kansas City. Living in community definitely had pros and cons and we're going to have lots of memories, I'm sure! Some of the blessings of community life are:
- We are adjusting to life in 1 bedroom and it hasn't killed us! I was so scared about all sleeping in the same room when I found out we would be in a one bedroom. Thank you Lord for making it possible!
- It's fun to have many people to interact with steps away, if you wish!
- It's always easy to borrow something!
- There is a sense of community and family!

Our front door
The kitchen from the entrance
Check out the retro and tiny oven!
Our bathroom area from the entrance....strangely in 2 sections
The sink/mirror/counter area
And the toilet/shower area...somehow bringing our own bathmat has made it feel more like home =)
Our living room from the entrance
View of the living room/dining room, kitchen and entrance
Our shelf makes it feel more like home too...and Noah loves it for standing!
Our one piece of living room furniture amongst lots of baby stuff! We still have to get our pictures up on the wall to make it feel even more homey!
Our backyard....though the drought has fried the grass
View of our bedroom from the sink/mirror/counter area of our bathroom

Our side of the room....oh how I miss our mattress!
Noah's side of the room! I'm so thankful we brought his furniture! It does my momma heart good!
The wonderful "wall divider" (aka a poster board from Hobby Lobby)...we were using a towel for a while, but Noah started pulling it down and now he can stand. It prevents him from "knowing" we are there =)
This is our little place we call home right now. The Lord has been gracious to find us a place, fill it with lots of love and laughter and helps us as we maneuver the kinks of community living with a sensitive baby. I am thankful for many things and learning as we go along. On the whole, the whole community living thing and a sleeping baby has been quite a challenge for me to be honest.

I long for a house of our own soon. I pray that if the Lord calls us here longer than 6 months that He would provide a place of our own. Shane and I really look forward to having our own bedroom again one day! Until then, I will count my blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love being able to visualize your home! You guys have definitely given it a 'Shane and Kristi's' feel. So glad you were able to bring Noah's furniture too. I know it meant a lot to you and you've made the space work so well. Blessings on you guys and for all that the future holds :) (not sure if my first comment got through or not).
- Corrie