At the end of each year, I love looking back on the year and counting my blessings and doing my personal inventory of what happened in my life and what the Lord did. I like to go back to the wish list I made at the end of the previous year and see which of the things that I had hoped to happen actually came true the same year!
Being in South Africa at this time of year means that I don’t get to do my usual inventory because I don’t have my old journals and day planners here =) So, a brief one by what I can remember will have to do!
There were some AWESOME blessings in my life in 2010 and some sad parts too:
- Went on an “internal” vacation and had some breakthrough and freedom!
- Went on a sister trip to Kansas City in February for my lovely sister’s birthday – I’m especially glad we did that now that I see that we would be apart 8-10 months =(
- Went to Haiti in March and felt the passion for missions awakened in my heart again
- Got my first (and hopefully last) parasite from Haiti which we named “Keith” and lost 10 pounds in a few days! I don’t want to relive that experience!
- SHOP had a conference and we brought our friend Justin Rizzo out for it in May. We had the pleasure of hosting his fiancée, Naomi at our place and really enjoyed getting to know her!
- Call2All DTS entered our conversation on June 1 while walking in the park.
- Had a wonderful 6th anniversary in Kansas City. Went to the Awakening Services to seek the Lord about our 7th year of marriage! Also got to spend a night at a hotel, which we hadn’t done since our honeymoon!
- Steph moved in with us for just over a month before she left for her DTS. It was so wonderful to have that time together!
- My baby sister left for YWAM at the end of July and this transition was tough for our family. We are so close and it’s so hard to be apart =(
- We got accepted for the Call2All DTS on August 31st, while house-sitting for my aunt and uncle.
- I quit my job at St. Boniface and embarked on a new adventure!
- Shaun moved in with us 2 weeks before we left for Kona. I’m thankful for this time with him too!
- SHOP moved locations for the first time in it’s history.
- We left for Kona, Hawaii on September 28th and flew in an airplane together for the first time since our honeymoon!
- Grandpa Ross, a dear friend and grandpa, died while we were in Kona on our lecture phase of DTS and we couldn’t come home for the funeral =(
- We landed in South Africa on December 26th!
- God provided for ALL of our needs this year! He provided in incredibly awesome ways for His glory!
Thinking back at this year, a neat fact is that I’ve slept in 10 different cities/places in 2010! I’ve spent the night in Winnipeg, Kansas City, Council Bluffs, Miami, Haiti, Hawaii, South Africa, Steinbach, Rock Lake and on an airplane! Wow!
2010 was a year full of blessings, challenges and lots of growth. I am so blessed by what the Lord has brought into my life this year. I have probably met more people this year than any other year in my life. I’ve been surprised by the Lord’s gifts to me. I’ve cried, been pressed and molded more and more. I’ve grieved more than many other years. I’ve loved deeper as I’ve been a part from the ones I love. I’ve had to trust God more and be willing to take jumps that I haven’t had to before (and it’s been worth it). I’ve been more uncomfortable than the last few years as I’m not in the familiar anymore. I’ve dreamed more.
So many good things have happened this year and so many hard things have happened that have been incredible opportunities to lean into the Lord and grow into the woman of God that I am created to be more and more. I am so thankful for this year of my life and the Lord did so many good things, even though 2010 wasn’t a walk in the park =)
Good things are in store for 2011 and though I don’t know what it will hold, it’s going to be a great journey as we continue saying yes to all that the Lord wants to draw us into and do in us and through us!
Happy New Year!
2 comments:
I LOVE THIS! I love how you take inventory of the past year... I did it this year in my journal and thought of you the whole time :) I LOVE YOU SO MUCH and I'm so thankful for our sister date to KC, living with you and I agree that I have loved deeper since being away from the ones I love. I love you so much, sister!
Wow, so much has happened in such a short amount of time! What an amazing year of growth and change...I can't wait to see what 2011 holds for you! Whatever it is, it's gonna be good. =)
Post a Comment