Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Latest...

In 48 hours we'll be boarding a plane for LA, then Altanta, then Johannesburg, then Cape Town. We've spent this evening saying good-byes to my parents and packing. Tomorrow all our stuff that isn't coming with us to South Africa is heading into storage for 3 months. So, everything I need for 10 weeks is stuffed into my travel backpack and it's amazing that I've widdled my needs down from an apartment to a backpack =)

Today was our last day of work duty and that makes me happy! I've actually enjoyed work duty. It's means 2 hours a day of working with my hands instead of my heart and head quite so much. It's some debrief in my head time! I've prayed, hummed and cried my way through work duty over the past 3 months. It's been an important part of the day =)

The funeral for my friend's baby was today. I didn't know until lunch time and couldn't go. Tomorrow is the memorial service here on campus and I'm going to go to that. I'm so sad for them.

Well, in the busyness of these few days, I still have yet to get week 11's summary out. So, instead I thought I'd just write a few words about today for you all. It's a snapshot of today. 1 more full day in Kona. Wow! It's hard to believe the first stage is over and now the second is beginning!

No comments: