Sunday, October 17, 2010

Week 2 Summary

Week 2 is now complete and tomorrow bright and early begins week 3 at YWAM in Kona. Shane and I have been here for almost 3 weeks and are adjusting. Shane adjusted super fast and is loving it out here from the moment we arrived. I am a slower adjuster and require a bit more processing and emotions =)

This week the speaker was Allison Johnston, a young woman from Kentucky who spoke on hearing the voice of God. It was great to be reminded that hearing the Lord speak and allowing Him to speak through us prophetically is simple and for every believer. It was great to see so many of our classmates begin to hear the Lord and speak it forth in ways they hadn't done before. We are also in the process of reading through Is That Really You, God? by Loren Cunningham which is along the same theme of hearing the voice of God. It is interesting to read about the prophetic history of YWAM and to learn about all the miraculous ways that the Lord has lead and built this place.

Some of the parts of my notes that I liked this week were:
- "We have a choice every day. What are we going to think about?"
- "Never let the awareness of a problem become bigger than your awareness of God" - such wise advice especially in the area of intercession!
- "God's always talking. We're just not always tuned in!".

The lectures were tough for me this week. It was a very different flavor of teaching than last week and it was a hard adjustment from the teaching we got from Mark Anderson the week before. It was so good for our class as a whole though and so I know it was important. It also revealed some things in my heart that need a lot more work =) So to sum it up, this week was a tough one but I am learning and God is working on me!

On Thursdays we have a service in the evening with all of the DTSs here and all the staff making up a few hundred people in the Ohana court for worship and speaking. The speaker this week was Loren Cunningham (the founder of YWAM) and I heard him speak for the first time in my life. It was good to hear his heart even though I was exhausted by this point in the week and day.

My favorite lines from Loren's message were:
- "When you pray, you give God just reason to go beyond the ordinary"
- "Saul of Taursus was a terrorist" - I never thought of it that way but so true!
- "When God says go, you go! You don't ask your wallet or bank account! You obey God!"

We had some workshops on God and culture which were interesting, we had time in the prayer room and we did our work duties. I washed windows for 5.5 hours this week! That's more than I've possibly ever done at home!

My favorite part of class (beside my birthday which I will have to blog about separately) was the hour with the people from the School of Biblical Studies on Friday. They are going to be joining our class every week to teach us on studying the Scripture! I am soooo hungry and excited! I think this is going to be a highlight of my week!

Last but not least, the outreach locations were officially announced and we were given 15 minutes to go and pray about where the Lord was leading each of us personally. It's a blog in itself but I don't know if I'll get to share it with the limited amount of blogging time I have here! But, regardless, in the next day or two we will have news on where we are going in December on outreach! It's going to be good and God was SO faithful to speak to us in those 15 minutes and unify us in what we heard Him say!

I have so much more to share but that will do!
Here's some pictures of the week to enjoy (minus the birthday just in case I get around to blogging about it!):

The view from the grass where we were sitting for small group. I am so blessed to be here!



The beautiful ladies in my small group for the past 2 weeks



The beautiful view at the beach



Writing in the sand at the beach



Shane and I at the beach!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Great summary! Great pictures!
Love it!