A few more changes as of this evening. Now we are flying from Miami directly to Haiti, which brings us to Haiti a day earlier. It is nice to arrive earlier, travel less and not take a long bus ride. I'm sure it's good in the area of traffic, travel and safety.
This recent change means I need an additional $200 American for my flight.
Yesterday morning had some added expenses as well. After some drama with the specific airline I'm flying to Miami from Winnipeg with, the ticket price raised a couple hundred dollars within a few days. Also, I found out that I will need some finances for a hotel in Miami from the 8th to the 9th, because I can't get to Miami in time for my Haiti flight if I leave on the 9th. I've been in contact with a team member about sharing a room that night, because some of the others are having the same flight issues and need to fly in a day early as well.
So, though we were getting close to the amount needed, there are additional expenses coming up that require more than we thought. If you were hoping to give but then thought it wouldn't be needed after all, please still consider giving to my trip!
Also, to add some just for fun info, I let my husband give me an intramuscular injection this evening! I needed my typhoid shot updated, since my last one was in 2003 for my medical mission trip to El Salvador. I think I'm quite the trooper for teaching him and talking him through the steps, which watching the needle hanging out of my arm for a bit of time! But, the smile and proud look on my husband's face was worth being a little nervous =)
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment