Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Kiss Upon My Heart

I love those times when you are praying for something and God goes beyond what you prayed for, just to give you a kiss of love upon your heart!

I had one of those moments that spoke directly to my heart a few weeks ago. It may not sound like a big deal, but it definitely touched my heart and affirmed that He hears, cares and acts.

I was put on the long waiting list for an MRI around mid-August. I got my letter in the mail sent out August 12 with my appointment date on it. I was scheduled for a 5 month wait, which was discouraging. I would only have the test on January 12th.

I decided to pray to get that date moved! I stuck the appointment paper in a devotional book that I read each morning at the breakfast table so I had a good reminder to pray! I also gathered a few close friends to pray with me for this appointment to be moved! And then I did something active as well and got myself put on the cancellation list.

I prayed that God would expedite my MRI for September instead of January. I thought it was a stretch but I knew God can/could do it!

Well, 2 weeks ago today, I was sleeping after a night shift. Shane wakes me up, which he wouldn't do unless there is something very urgent happening! The MRI Department called and had an opening come up for 1 hour and 45 minutes later!

I was exhausted but absolutely thrilled and said a definite yes!

I am so pleased to have gotten my MRI so quickly! And what tickled my heart so? I got it done on August 30th. God surpassed my request for September and reinforced that He cares by making a point that it was even earlier...in August! I only actually waited 2 and a half weeks instead of 5 months!

Thank-you Lord for kisses on my heart!

4 comments:

Bryan said...

I love how God loves to do stuff like this! He's so good!

Christina said...

Love it! That's so awesome Kristi!

Stephanie said...

That's so funny you titled the blog post "A Kiss Upon My Heart" b/c when I was talking to Shane about this provision of the Lord I said, "This is such a great kiss!!" (from the Lord). I love who He cares.

Paige said...

that is perfect! i really like that. God is so good! :D