I love the beginning of a new year! I love the end of things and the beginning of new things! I'm all about closure for the past and celebrating the present and what is to come!
At the end of each year I do a journal entry of all the good, firsts, bad and eventful things of the year. It is quite a fun list to read over! Here are a few examples!
- Attended my first union meeting
- Rekindled a friendship with a friend from elementary school
- Started and completed my second back-to-work program
- Went away for the night with my husband, somewhere hotel/resort-like, for the first time since our honeymoon in 2004
- Attended 1 wedding
- Found out that I'm not lactose intolerant
- Attended speech therapy lessons for the first time
- Delivered a total of 4 babies (including our friend's baby, Caitlin)
- Got a gym pass
- Bought my first pair of heels
And now that 2008 is over, I'm looking forward to 2009!
I also do a journal entry, because I love making lists, of the hopes and dreams I have for 2009. I try to think of dreams in the natural, spiritual, in my marriage, in my emotions, etc. I like re-envisioning for the new year!
Bring on 2009!
Happy New Year!
Thursday, January 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay 2009! I'm excited to see what this year is going to bring for you!
Awesome, 2009 will be good. Lists are actually pretty sweet.
Post a Comment