Thursday, March 20, 2008

The latest...

Thanks for being patient! Life has felt busy in the last few days!

So, for the latest on the wrist...I saw the surgeon first on Monday. He gave the thumbs up for a back-to-work (BTW) program but insisted that I go REALLY slow and be very careful! He doesn't want me dropping anything! Then I saw the sports medicine doctor who agreed to begin the back-to-work process, but agreed to go really slowly.

So, I have a meeting on Tuesday at the hospital to arrange the BTW schedule. I'm dreading it a little. I am remembering the frustrations regarding a BTW that I dealt with in the summer when I did one. It was exhausting emotionally, constantly defending yourself, the program not going as it should and feeling unsupported by your employer. I'm not looking forward to this.

But, on the flip side, I am looking forward to being in my workplace again. I have to recertify my NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) and have started the readings. It brings me interest and excitement to be learning and using my knowledge of this area again! I'm looking forward to having the honor of being a part of births again. I'm looking forward to ministering to people as I care for them in such a special way again. I'm also interested in seeing how my coworkers are doing!

I have been impressed by the support that I feel from my doctor and my physiotherapist. They have been wonderful! I'm going to have to think of some way to thank them when this is all over. I am thankful that these ones who know my wrist the best (besides my Creator!) are supportive of doing this process slowly. If I was all better, we could do it quickly. The problem is I'm coming back and almost nothing has changed for the better, despite the surgeries and time that has passed. Bummer.

So, some days this whole thing makes me sad. I had a good cry on Monday. Other days, I realize that this too shall pass and I have a resurrected body in store that will have no pain at all! Whether my wrist is totally healed on this side of eternity or not, I will have complete and total healing one day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you ever have the chance, id like to know more about your NRP, I was a premie myself, so I'm always curious about people who work in this field.

Kristi said...

Sure! How many weeks were you when you were born? (40 weeks is term) I'm curious now!