Thursday, September 06, 2007

Prayers on My Heart

I've had a prayer on my heart lately. I'm asking that God would strengthen my yes for everything that is of Himself.

I really desire a perspective change. I want to think like Him. I want to process like Him. I want to be willing to do anything for Him.

I want to walk so in-step with Him that I am willing to do or say anything the moment that He leads. Wouldn't that be great?! A partner who walks so closely to Him and knows His heart, that there would be no doubt and no question when He asks things of me. I would do ANYTHING, ANYTIME!!! That's what I want.

Along with that prayer, comes the prayer that God would loosen and release my grip on the things of this world. I don't want to be hanging on to anything else. I only want to be hanging on to the arm of my Bridegroom. I tend to feel busy on the inside. My mind or heart can be so distracted by things of this world that really don't matter in light of eternity. They aren't bad things but the way they effect me isn't right. They don't deserve so much thought, emotion or attention.

In the midst of so many natural, human needs and processes, I don't want any of them to be the main thing on my mind or heart. I want God. I want Him to consume me. Then I can do all the normal, human things that need to be done from that place.

I want to be a wife, sister, daughter, friend, mother (one day), nurse, intercessory missionary, secondary to my first pursuit of being a lover of Jesus.

No comments: