Back in the swing of things!
We returned from Kansas City on monday evening...a little later than planned for those of you who aren't from Winnipeg and haven't heard of our adventures yet.
We had an almost accident 2 hours into our drive home on sunday afternoon. There was tons of rain and we lost control of the van. After a crazy few moments and at least three 360s we drove into the ditch. Three of us women and a baby were in the back sleeping and Shane and Jason were in the front, awake of course! That was a rude awakening and there was a lot of commotion for a few minutes with many loud prayers. I realized later that I had had earplugs in the whole time on top of that!
It was a real miracle that no one was hurt, not even the van. I think there were angels holding each side of the van, preventing us from rolling or hitting anything or anyone. Thank-you Jesus for your protection!
We had a great trip though. God always speaks so much to me while I'm visiting IHOP. It is kinda like Christmas. You may receive little gifts here and there throughout the year, like at Mother's Day or your birthday, and then comes Christmas. Now, this analogy isn't true for Shane and I as we didn't even buy presents this last year, but hey, work with me. Christmas rolls around and people are showered with gifts, more than any other time in the year. And you get them from multiple sources, like grandmas, grandpas, etc in a matter of days.
The gifts I receive from Jesus in my trips to IHOP are like this analogy. I'm by no means saying that Kansas City is the only place I receive from God, and I'm not saying that it is the only place that I hear from Jesus. The prayers and worship of those who are there day after day, their work is my benefit by the atmosphere that is produced. Back to the analogy, the outpouring of hearing from Jesus, feeling the Holy Spirit and what I receive from the worship and speaking is like Christmas when I go to IHOP. I hear and feel Jesus in the prayer room. I enjoy soaking in there for hours. I realized when Shane and I stood up to go and see Joyska at her appartment on saturday, that my legs were really sore because I hadn't stood up in 3 hours! I didn't realize I was there that long, or stationary for that long! I receive like crazy in those alter calls and eat up the messages with fascination. I respond and the visitation that I receive is incredible. I'm up there to get prayer, receiving and hearing from Jesus, and thinking "I hope nobody comes over and prays for me...I'm receiving enough already!".
There is so much that I could say about what I heard and received this weekend. I had a pretty incredible experience one night. But I'm keeping some secrets to myself. I realize that I often overshare my experiences and then they feel a little less sacred. So, I'm trying to learn how to keep some intimate secrets with my Savior, my God and the burning lamp within me, the Holy Spirit. The best friends I could ever ask for!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment