Monday, November 07, 2005

Feeling like I just got off a merry-go-round and want to throw up!

Hee hee! That's a nice thought, eh?
I just got home from a 12 hour night. And though I tried to nap last afternoon, it did not work for me. So, I've pretty much been awake since yesterday morning at 8am when I got up for church.....and now it is a good 8:45am the following day! Yikes! What am I doing to my body?

Around 6am this morning I started to feel a little nausous with the whole exhausion thing. But, I made it and didn't die of sleep deprivation! And I sure plan on making up for it by sleeping all day and all night!

On top of all of that, I had a patient whom I felt a little out of my league with. Too many problems throughout the night that I didn't feel knowledgeable to handle! Medication error (not due to me, but I found it), wicked high temperature, potential allergic reaction to a drug, not very good fetal heart tracing, very sick mother, diabetes to boot, shortness of breath, etc. Yikes! I was a little overwhelmed. Almost went to cry on my break, but I didn't let myself!

The night is over for me. Someone else took over my patient. I will check when I go to work on wednesday how my patient did. Off to bed for me.

No comments: